Monday, January 28, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

Oh my goodness....I have never experienced ice like I did over the weekend. I had a quarter inch of ice on my car I had to chisel off last night. I found a mixture of blue washer fluid, and elbow grease gets it off.

My weekend.....was one of loss and boredom. Every year, this is one of the worst weekend, the first without football since September. It means a long wait until my passion returns. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but this is always a painful part of the year. I truly think its a mixture of bad weather, post holiday blues....and lack of pigskin.

Speaking of next week's Super Bowl XLII, I think it's going to be a much better game than the 12 point spread would suggest. The Giants are peaking....and the Patriots look tired. It would be madness to pick the Giants of NE....but I do think it will be a good game. Just look at the Patriots other Super Bowls.....none of them blowouts.

Back to last weekend......it was time to watch some TV....and find out what is not out there. The strike is going to weigh heavily for the next few months with NOTHING new to watch....save Letterman and Survivor. I found myself watching a grabbag of films, KISS KISS BANG BANG (pretty cool), Red Planet (Not a great film, but I enjoyed it), and American Psycho (As incoherent as I remembered it) I'm just going to have to Tivo more things this week, to help myself from going nuts.

Good luck with the weather........and Have a good Week!

Jason

No comments: