Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What do we call this decade?



OK....it's so easy to say...."Hey, remember the Eighties?"...or...."I loved Pearl Jam in the Ninties..."

What the heck are we going to say for this decade. We are 8 years into it...and I haven't heard it coined yet.

For that matter, what have kids said in high school the last few years for when they're going to graduate. My class got to chant....89, 89, 808080- Nine. Are they chanting...5!, 5!, fafafa 5! That has no style.

Are we in the Oh's. May as well be the Oh Oh's the way things are going.

I remember an old Northern Exposure episode, where an old gentlemen refered to 1909 as ought 9. I was kinda of looking forward to sounding cool, saying, "Remember in aught 4 when we saw U2 in the Tacoma Dome?" But alas, it more of "Oh Four", instead of "Aught Four".

But you can't say to Ohies. Even next decades sucks...."the Teens?" I'm looking forward to when we can talk about the Twenties again....hopefully they'll be roaring as well.

For me, I'm going to refer to this decade as the Aughties. It rolls of the tongue, and sounds like Naughty....

So do me a favor....when you recollect way back now.....say how weird the Aughties were.

J

No comments: