Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Memories of 90210



I need to admit something. I am a huge Beverly Hills 90210 fan. Proof you need? I named my cat after the actor, Joe E Tata, who played the owner of the Peach Pit.

Why am I bringing this up. Being that its the TV doledrums of summer, I was scanning through my channel guide, and Soapnet was running a documentary on the show. Oh the memories. (Side note, tonight (Tuesday 8-19) SoapNet is starting the show from the beginning.)

I was in college when the show kicked off, and me and my friends loved the so bad its good quality, until we actually fell for the characters.

My man in the show, was Brandon Walsh. He was the bedrock for the 8 or so seasons it ran. Imagine my delight, when I was on hand for a Good Morning Northwest interview with Jennie Garth (Kellie Taylor), and had the host ask if she prefered Brandon or Dylan. After some thought, she came to the right answer, Brandon! Me and my friends were always stoked when Jason Priestly directed as well, because you could count on wackiness to ensue.

The show wasn't always good, but it was usually memorable. Tori Spelling was horrible. Dylan was cool. Brian Austin Green (BAG) was OK, unless he was singing. Brenda was not missed when she left. Emily Valentine (My Sister?) was nuts....and so on.

What a great show.....and I'll be tuning into SoapNet for reruns 'til the fall season starts.

Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog and I can't wait for the show. You rock!