Friday, April 11, 2008

Summer Movie Preview- July


July 2- HANCOCK
Will Smith, who pretty much owns the Independance Day Weekend, kicks it off again with Hancock..... He plays a superhero, who is kind of a jerk. It looks like it might be a great vehicle for Smith, and it could be much fun.

July 11- HELLBOY II- THE GOLDEN ARMY
I hadn't seen the first film until recently, and I quite enjoyed it. This film looks to add to the BIG MONSTERS equal big fun equation. I hope this will have the fun of the first film.....and with all the same folks making it, it should.

July 18- DARK KNIGHT
If you don't know, this is the film I'm most geeked about this summer. Batman Begins was an absolute knockout, and I'm hoping this one is the same. Of course, this features the late Heath Ledger as the Joker.....which could add to the creepiness of the whole endevour. I'm chomping at the bit to see this one........and I trust the filmmakers to deliver.

July 25- X-Files 2
Muldar and Scully return....but do people care. The X-files was a good lesson of overstaying their welcome. In what could have been an absolute dynamite series....just went on and on without answering the questions that fans demanded to know. However, I'm glad to see their return, and hope they can translate what made the show so much fun onto the screen.

Here's hoping this summer is a good one.......it does look rock solid!

No comments: