Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Goodbye to the Sonics????



Was last weekends game at Key Arena the last for the Seattle Sonics? For the first time in months.....there is actually hope!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/358985_stern15.html

Howard Schultz is now suing Clay Bennett.........Sonics owner and public enemy number one in Seattle, to get the Sonics back.

I've gone from Major NBA fan......to it becoming a literal afterthought. During my days in college (early nineties), the Sonics had a solid team. Me and my friends lived for each game. I actually breezed through a Spanish final, so I could race home to see Game 7 in the Western Conference Finals....which the refs handed the game to the Phoenix Suns. (Yes, perceived sports wrongs are never forgotten) I loved it.

But it has all gone away. When Schultz sold the team to Bennett, it was widely known that he had plans to get the team his hometown, Oklahoma City.

Well pshaw............I still want there to be a team in Seattle. I still want to have the opportunity to fall in love with the NBA. If the Sonics do leave.........all will fade.

Save Our Sonics

J

No comments: