Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year....and I'm late to another great thing



Ahhhhh.....Netflix.

I've always thought Netflix was most likely a good thing. But I never jumped in to the goodness.

But....lo and behold, Netflix has begun streaming content to my beloved Xbox360. So of course, I signed up. (I'm not being paid for this by the way) For 8.99 a month....I get one DVD mailed to me at a time, and unlimited movies with streaming. AWESOME.

Now of course, their entire DVD lineup isn't available on streaming, but enough is. Of all things, I watched reruns of Kate and Allie. If you don't know, it was a show from the 80's about two women sharing a home with their kids after they divorced. It was a sharp show for a while. Oddly enough, I was the same age as the daughters in the show, and thought they were cute. Now watching it, I think Kate is cute. (Jane Curtain is not my cup of tea.)

Also, the speed in which they mail out the DVD's is pretty quick. Im now going to watch the entire run of Family Ties....(Dated, but still awesome), and finally watch Battlestar Galactica.

Streaming is the future folks. Still the reason I have resisted Blu-Ray, because I think all will be available soon streaming, and the day of owning physical movies will be over. (But the new Serenity Blu-Ray is drawing me closer to getting one!)

Happy New Year all.


Jason

No comments: