Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm sick of eras ending!



How much can I take! Sopranoes.....over! Harry Potter books.....over! Inside the NFL......over! Now comes word today that Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper have opted to not sign on for another season of Ebert and Roeper.

NOW COME ON!


They hint at another show with them coming down the pike.....but criminy.....I'm just tired of stuff I love coming to and end. I guess that's just a sign of getting older.....but I'd rather not.

I've been watching their show, and the many forms of it since the late '70s. PBS's Sneak Previews, with Siskel and Ebert was a treat I never missed. Yes I was 7, but I LOVED the show. They eventually moved to At the Movies....a syndicated show. And then Siskel and Ebert and the movies. This lasted until the death of Gene Siskel, when Roeper was the annointed replacement. (Bonus for you, if you know who replaced Siskel and Ebert on Sneak Previews.....and At the Movies! Answer at the end.)

Of course the current show has been without Ebert for two years, as he recovers from Throat Cancer surgery. And, he revoked the current shows use of Thumbs Up, when Disney wouldn't pony up enough cash to use it. And now today, Ebert and Roeper have quit.

The only constant in life is change.....well I'd like it to slow down for awhile!

Jason

(Answer to your bonus question, and no fair looking at wikipedia. Neal Gabler and Jeffrey Lyons were the replacements on Sneak Previews. Rex Reed and Bill Harris were the replacements on At the Movies. If you got both, or any of them, you are a true movie maven.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.