Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Clock Strikes 12:01AM on Halo 3

Yawn. I would like to be joining the masses calling in sick or taking the day of today. But alas, the advent of Halo 3 is here. Some retailers were open late last night, to sell the game at the stroke of midnight for gamers who don't seem to want to waste any hours of Halo 3 availability. This is the line I had to endure at the Kennewick Wal-Mart.


They were mostly men.....in their late 20's or early 30's. I was 40th in line after arriving at 11:45pm. The Wal-Mart employees were looking at us with a tad bit of fear. Adhering to the midnight release time, they couldn't have any product ready...so it took a few minutes for them to get organized, much to the chagrin of the huddled mass. I finally got mine at 12:15am, along with some Halo dog tags....a Wal-Mart perk and future eBay mainstay.

As I drove away, there is an EB Games on my way home, and there was a line 50 deep at 12:20am out the door. I'm guessing these are the folks who pre-bought the game and have to be concerned that they still don't have the game yet. Never pre-buy, when Wal-Mart will have it anyway.

So I get home, and let the games begin. On Xbox360Live, I have a list of friends from the online community, and 2 were still up. One from Detroit and one from Seattle. The three of us played the online content for a bit. I played the campaign, which is the main game 'til about three....and I'm back at work.

My first impressions are the game are great, but you wouldn't believe the massive amount of options available in the game. It will be deep into 2008 before I see the entirety of the game.



No comments: